Recipe by Zetty66
I came up with this one a number of years ago and it was published in CL's reader recipes. I must be honest--when I make it I increase the blue cheese some and add crisped prosciutto on the top. Yummy!!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 cups rigatoni pasta (about 16oz. uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rigatoni in boiling water, drain, and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach, tomato, and broth; cook 3 minutes (or until spinach is wilted), stirring occasionally.
- Combine spinach mixture, pasta, cheese, and pine nuts in a large bowl; toss well to coat.