1/1 Photo of Rigatoni With Spinach
Me and my 9 year old nephew Edwin cooked this dish together today. He did all the labor, and I just supervised. It came out so delicious, we called it the "BOMB DOT COM"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (Edwin loves it spicy)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and drained of all liquid
- 10 -15 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I love garlic, you can use less if you want)
- 1/2 cup starchy pasta cooking water (you may need a little more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Fill up a a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta.
- 2In large saute pan, on low heat (large enough to hold cooked pasta) add olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper and saute for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add spinach, chicken bouillon cube, freshly ground pepper and butter. Saute for about 2 minutes. Remover from heat.
- 4Cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking, add the starchy pasta cooking water to spinach mix. Stir to combine.
- 5Drain pasta, mix with sauce.
- 7Edwin says "Buen Provecho"!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.9
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 324.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 19.7 g