1/3 Photos of Rigatoni With Spicy Sausage and Herbs
lazy gourmet's Note:
This dish is one of my husband's favorites and mine as well when I'm not worrying about carbs! I can't remember where I got this one - I think off the back of a box some time ago, but I ended up slightly altering it to turn up the heat a bit. With the tabasco to taste, you can make it a little spicy or a lot! It also reheats well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup chopped microwaveable bacon
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with or without seasonings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, such as tabasco,to taste (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- chicken broth, as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1Melt butter with oil.
- 2Saute onion and bay leaf until onion is transparent.
- 3Add bacon and sausage.
- 4Cook, stirring until sausage is browned.
- 5Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and hot sauce and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- 6If sauce gets too thick or begins to dry, thin it out with the chicken broth.
- 7Meanwhile, cook the pasta per package directions.
- 8Drain the pasta and leave in the original pot or transfer to a large serving dish.
- 9Add the sauce to the pasta, sprinkle with the oregano, and toss together before serving
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Spicy Sausage and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.6
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.9 mg
- Sodium 1430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 39.0 g