My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice, finely chopped with juice reserved
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; add in mushrooms; saute until they begin to give off their juices, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add in garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add in the ground chuck and ½ teaspoon salt; crumble the meat with the edge of a wooden spoon to break it apart into tiny pieces.
- 4Cook, continuing to crumble the meat, just until it loses its raw color but has not yet browned, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add in the tomatoes and their juice; bring to a simmer; simmer gently until the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- 6Adjust seasonings with extra salt to taste.
- 7Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta; cook until al dente.
- 8Reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid; drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
- 9Mix in the sauce and the reserved cooking liquid if necessary.
- 10Serve immediately with cheese passed around at the table.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Spicy Meat and Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 504.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 31.0 g