This sounds tasty and quick and easy to make. From "Everyday Food", November 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta or 12 ounces other short pasta
- 1 lb ground lamb or 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain, and return to pot. Set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, cook ground meat in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 4Stir in tomato paste, cinnamon, and cayenne, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in vinegar, and season again with salt and pepper. Add sauce to pot with pasta, and toss to combine.
- 6Serve with green salad and warm bread.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Spiced Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.6
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 32.6 g