Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Food and Wine Quick from Scratch Pasta Cookbook. Haven't tried it yet but posting for safe keeping. Serve with red wine with a fine acidity.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced (or 2 scallions minced)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces gorgonzola (or other blue cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta
- In large fry pan heat 1 T of oil over moderate heat. Season meat with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Add to pan, brown and cook about 4 minutes for medium rare. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to hot pan. Cook mushrooms with 1/4 tsp salt for two minutes. Remove and add to meat.
- Add shallot, broth, and worcestershire to hot pan. Cook and dislodge any brown bits. Add remaining salt and pepper. Simmer five minutes.
- Add cheese, cream, steak, mushrooms to pan along with remaining salt and pepper, parsley. Heat one minute.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with above sauce.