Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Food and Wine Quick from Scratch Pasta Cookbook. Haven't tried it yet but posting for safe keeping. Serve with red wine with a fine acidity.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced (or 2 scallions minced)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces gorgonzola (or other blue cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta
- In large fry pan heat 1 T of oil over moderate heat. Season meat with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Add to pan, brown and cook about 4 minutes for medium rare. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to hot pan. Cook mushrooms with 1/4 tsp salt for two minutes. Remove and add to meat.
- Add shallot, broth, and worcestershire to hot pan. Cook and dislodge any brown bits. Add remaining salt and pepper. Simmer five minutes.
- Add cheese, cream, steak, mushrooms to pan along with remaining salt and pepper, parsley. Heat one minute.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with above sauce.