Found this in Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Pasta cookbook. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato (they should be the oil-packed kind, sliced, 2 tablespoons of the oil reserved)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages artichoke hearts, frozen
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta (any short tubular pasta is fine)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (plus extra for serving)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat the oil that was reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add sausage and cook until browned; break up the meat as it cooks.
- 3When brown and cooked all over, transfer sausage to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add artichokes, asparagus, and garlic to the skillet and saute over medium heat, until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 7Salt water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- 8Drain pasta.
- 9Add pasta, reserved sausage, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley to the artichoke mixture.
- 10Toss everything together until sauce is nearly absorbed by the pasta.
- 11Stir in mozzarella cheese, if using.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Serve with extra cheese to pass at table.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Sausage, Artichokes, and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.5
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 1464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g