Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Food & Wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in puree (from a 15-ounce can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with a fork, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage from the pan. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it almost evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sausage,tomatoes, and salt. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper, parsley, and cream.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until just done, about 14 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan.