Recipe by LizP
Recipe courtesy of Giada DeLaurentis. Looks GREAT!
Top Review by Dine & Dish
This is a delicious recipe. Very easy to make and full of flavor. Giada's new cookbook, Everyday Pasta, is full of wonderful recipes just like this one. I followed the recipe to a tee and was so impressed. Very tasty! This makes a lot of food, so be hungry when you make it!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the sausages from the pan.
- Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the bell peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, and basil and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir until incorporated, then add the Marsala, tomatoes with their juice, and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the brown bits. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut the sausages into 4 to 6 pieces each. Return the sausages to the pan. Simmer uncovered until the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and add to the thickened sauce; toss to combine. Spoon into individual bowls and sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.