Prep 0 mins
Cook 22 mins
I made this once several years ago and thought it was very good. I clipped it from the local newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages, sweet or hot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red peppers (optional) or 1 yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup pitted olive, sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (500 g) package rigatoni pasta
- In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil and brown sausages. Remove sausages and cool slightly; slice into 1/4-inch rounds; set aside.
- In clean saucepan, heat remaining oil; saute onion and garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Add red or yellow pepper and mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Stir in wine; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add pureed tomatoes and reserved sausages. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in basil and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook rigatoni according to pacakage directions. Toss rigatoni with sauce.