Recipe by Jenny Frenny
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. It was yummy, easy and a light meal. Arugula may be substituted instead of spinach.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄3 cup pitted olive, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups triple washed spinach
- parmesan cheese, to grate as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a 4 sided baking sheet, place grape tomatoes, unpeeled garlic, and shallots. Toss with thyme, oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until the tomatoes pop open , the shallots have started to carmelize, and the garlic is soft. (about 20 to 25) minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, boil a large pot of salted water and cook pasta as directed on package. ***Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Pour off rest of pasta water and return the pasta to the pot.
- Remove the peeling from the garlic and mash it with a knife. Add garlic to post with pasta.
- Add other roasted veggies, the olives, and the pasta water to the pot with the pasta and garlic.
- Cook over med to high heat until the liquid thickens, approx 3 minutes. Remove from heat and toss in the spinach.
- Serve with parmasean cheese grated as garnish.