Recipe by nemokitty
This is from Real Simple cookbook.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was very tasty and easy to make! I was a little concerned it may be dry or not as flavorful without a 'sauce', but the combo of cheese, butter and a little pasta water gave it a nice sauce to keep it from being dry. Will add some garlic to the onion/broccoli mixture next time. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed and meat broken into1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta till al dente, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli and onion with oil, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Nestle the sausage in the vegetables and roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender and the sausage is cooked through, 18-20 minutes.
- Add the sausage mixture, butter and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan before serving.