Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Real Simple cookbook.
Make and share this Rigatoni With Roasted Sausage and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed and meat broken into1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta till al dente, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli and onion with oil, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Nestle the sausage in the vegetables and roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender and the sausage is cooked through, 18-20 minutes.
- Add the sausage mixture, butter and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan before serving.
This was very tasty and easy to make! I was a little concerned it may be dry or not as flavorful without a 'sauce', but the combo of cheese, butter and a little pasta water gave it a nice sauce to keep it from being dry. Will add some garlic to the onion/broccoli mixture next time. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
Believe the 40 mins time to make, it's true. This is a grand recipe, it's easy and quick to make and delivers huge flavor value. The broccoli stem portions in the floret's do remain very firm so if you want them softer you might want to pre-cook them for just a bit. Not only is the dish scrumptious but when plated it looks like a regional Italian gourmet offering. Totally win win cooking.