1 hr 20 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
Just made this last night and it was wonderful! Got it from La Cucina Italiana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees with rack in the middle. Linea baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and score flesh sides in a crosshatch pattern with a small sharp knife. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with generous pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange eggplant cut-side down on prepared baking sheet and bake, rotating pan once halfway through, until tender. About 45 to 50 minutes.
- 3Transfer baking sheet with roasted eggplant to wire rack. Turn eggplant halves cut-side up; let cool 5 minutes, then scrape eggplant flesh from skins; discard skins. Place flesh in a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl; let drain 10 minutes. Discard liquid.
- 4Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 5In center of cutting board, mound parsley, pine nuts, garlic and oregano; finely chop mixture together.
- 6In a large skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add parsley mixture, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Stir in eggplant and cook 1 minute more. Remove skillet from heat.
- 7Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente; drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add eggplant mixture and cheese; toss to combine well. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Roasted Eggplant Puree
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 33.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 19.5 g