- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta salata, grated
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a big pot.
- Add in 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water; cook until al dente.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and transfer back to the cooking pot.
- Mix in the oil, ricotta salata, pecornio, salt, and pepper to taste, and enough reserved water to keep the mixture moist.
- Divide among 4 warmed pasta bowls and serve immediately.