Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
A quick and easy pasta dish for a quick week night dinner.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 3 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
- Place the croutons and the almonds into a food processor. Pulse until it becomes the texture of bread crumbs. Add the croutons and almond mixture to the hot pasta. Add the peppers and the olive oil. Toss to combine and serve.
I thought this was great with some revisions. I used rotelli pasta (as I thought it would be tastier having the crumbs inside the crevices); diced the bell peppers instead of keeping them long; used more olive oil (to taste) so it wouldn't be too dry; used garlic & cheese croutons (only because that's what I had); and added the following for more flavor (galic powder, sea or kosher salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper). Fresh herbs would taste great in here too. I couldn't stop eating it. It would probably be a great side dish to a simple dish like grilled chicken. I dare anyone to do this in 15 minutes though - I think it's a bit of a stretch saying it takes only 15, but it can definitely be done within a 1/2 hour - which is great by me !