Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is an Italian style curved stripped pasta opped with traditional pizza flavoured sauce.
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For pesto sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 2 garlic flakes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pesto sauce-------------.
- Microwave oil on high for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add garlic.
- Microwave on medium for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add tomatoes, chilli flakes, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes covered.
- Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Blend walnuts to a powder in a mixer.
- Add the cooked tomato mxture.
- Microwave the above mixture with cream, milk and salt for 4 minutes uncovered.
- For pasta cooking-------------.
- Microwave in a deep glass dish, water with 1 tbsp oil on high for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Place wooden spoon in the glass dish while doing so.
- Add Rigatoni.
- Mix and microwave on high for 11 minutes uncovered.
- Stir once in between.
- Add salt.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Drain off excess water.
- Shower pasta with cold water.
- Drain again.
- Keep aside.
- To serve-------------.
- Microwave pesto creamy sauce alongwith the cooked Rigatoni on medium-high for 4 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot garnished with grated cheese, chopped tomato, chopped cilantro accompanied by soup.