Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
This Italian dish is quick to make during a weeknight.
- 10 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup small pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄2 lb reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; set aside.
- Drain pan drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic to reserved pan drippings in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisply tender.
- Add cooked rigatoni, bacon and all remaining ingredients except parsley. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley.