This Italian dish is quick to make during a weeknight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup small pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 lb reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1Cook rigatoni according to package directions; Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, cook bacon in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; set aside.
- 3Drain pan drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
- 4Add bell peppers, onion and garlic to reserved pan drippings in skillet.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisply tender.
- 6Add cooked rigatoni, bacon and all remaining ingredients except parsley. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Peppers & Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat provolone cheese