Recipe by Manami
Found on the Barilla site and posted just as is. We did make a substitution, we replaced the wild mushrooms with 10 oz of button mushrooms.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces porcini mushrooms (possibly a mixture) or 8 ounces chanterelle mushrooms (possibly a mixture) or 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped (possibly a mixture)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta or 16 ounces penne
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tablespoons each of oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook one minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine; reduce heat. simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Add broth and tomato sauce; continue cooking 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Add mushroom mixture, remaining oil and butter, parsley, salt and pepper to hot pasta; mix well.
- Transfer to serving platter or bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with extra Parmigiano cheese.