1/1 Photo of Rigatoni With Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
I know it's difficult to think of making your own pasta sauce when you can get one easily out of a can - but believe me - this is worth it! It's not even difficult, and so impressive, fun, colorful and filling. You can even prepare the sauce in advance and rewarm it when you're ready to cook the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, core and deseed peppers. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- 2Put olive oil, onion, and garlic in large pan. Saute over medium-high heat until soft, stirring often.
- 3Cut the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and add it with the oregano to the saute pan. Cook until sausage browns a bit, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add peppers and cook about 8 minutes, stirring gently once in a while.
- 5Put water on to boil for pasta.
- 6Add salt and pepper and tomatoes to sauce. Turn heat to medium and cook at a simmer.
- 7Meanwhile, put rigatoni onto cook.
- 8After sauce has cooked 10 minutes, add balsamic vinegar. Cook another 10 minutes or so.
- 9Toss with pasta and serve with fresh ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.4
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 932.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: