Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy recipe, you can keep it simple or add veggies or black olives. If you really want to make it lazy you can buy a can of spaghetti sauce and just doctor it up with spices.
- 29.58 ml garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 226.79 g fennel or 226.79 g Italian sausage, with casings removed
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 295.73 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 340.19 g rigatoni pasta
- 29.58 ml italian seasoning
- 0.25 ml dried oregano
- First put your pot of water to boil while you make your sauce so your noodles and sauce will be done about the same time.
- In a large saute pan, add the sausage and break it up using a wooden spoon spatula, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sausage is browned do not drain add the garlic and onions cook it, stirring, for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Take care not to let the garlic burn. Add your seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes, raise the heat to high, and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer it briskly for 5 to 8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Stir in 1/4 cup of the grated cheese and cook the sauce for about 3 minutes or until it thickens. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta well. Bring the sauce to a boil. Add the pasta and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup of grated cheese, if desired. Serve the pasta with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese passed on the side.
All my guests just loved this recipe....I doubled it and used Turkey Italian Sausage. We all gave it 5 stars. Made for PAC Spring 2012