1/3 Photos of Rigatoni With Italian Sausage
Monica P's Note:
Quick and easy recipe, you can keep it simple or add veggies or black olives. If you really want to make it lazy you can buy a can of spaghetti sauce and just doctor it up with spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fennel or 8 ounces Italian sausage, with casings removed
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1First put your pot of water to boil while you make your sauce so your noodles and sauce will be done about the same time.
- 2In a large saute pan, add the sausage and break it up using a wooden spoon spatula, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sausage is browned do not drain add the garlic and onions cook it, stirring, for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Take care not to let the garlic burn. Add your seasonings.
- 3Add the tomatoes, raise the heat to high, and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer it briskly for 5 to 8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Stir in 1/4 cup of the grated cheese and cook the sauce for about 3 minutes or until it thickens. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Drain the pasta well. Bring the sauce to a boil. Add the pasta and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup of grated cheese, if desired. Serve the pasta with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese passed on the side.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 789.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: