Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy and filling meal - great for winter!
Make and share this Rigatoni With Ground Turkey Meat Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb dry rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a saute pan, brown turkey meat until cooked through and set aside.
- In a sauce pot, saute garlic and onion until translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add fresh diced tomatoes and continue to saute for a couple minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper and the rest of the spices and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in meat and continue to simmer lightly for another 5-10 minutes.
- Boil pasta while sauce simmers.
- Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese to serve.
- **If the sauce starts to thicken too much for your taste, just put the lid on the pot while it simmers until the pasta is done.