L K's Note:
An easy and filling meal - great for winter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dry rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1In a saute pan, brown turkey meat until cooked through and set aside.
- 2In a sauce pot, saute garlic and onion until translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- 3Add fresh diced tomatoes and continue to saute for a couple minutes.
- 4Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper and the rest of the spices and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in meat and continue to simmer lightly for another 5-10 minutes.
- 6Boil pasta while sauce simmers.
- 7Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese to serve.
- 8**If the sauce starts to thicken too much for your taste, just put the lid on the pot while it simmers until the pasta is done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Ground Turkey Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 185.3 mg
- Sodium 4675.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g