Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light May '06. An olive and almond twist to regular pesto.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) manzanilla olives, pitted (or green)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 6 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Place olives, sliced almonds, parsley leaves, black pepper, and garlic in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until coarsely chopped.
- With processor on, add 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon vinegar through the food chute, processing until mixture is finely chopped.
- Combine pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, and olive mixture in a large bowl; toss well.
- Add enough of remaining 2 tablespoons cooking liquid to make pasta mixture moist, tossing well to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve hot 1 2/3 cup servings.
I made this with whole wheat pasta and no cheese and it was still awesome! Yum.