Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 ounces boxes rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprig
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in carrot and onion and cook briefly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley, hot pepper sauce and Parmesan and Romano cheeses, stirring until blended.
- Combine with pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in buttered 2-qt.
- Sprinkle ½ of cheese mixture over top; place remaining pasta mixture on top.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
I gave this 3 stars. This was good I liked it but my 4 yr old newphew did not like the flavor of the sauce. This needed more flavor like garlic, salt, & pepper. I changed this a bit. I used half a box of rigatoni, butter instead of margarine, no carrots, and I added cooked sweet sausage. This still needed more flavor for my taste. I may try this again adding roasted garlic and more seasoning. Thanks christine (internetnut)
Super yummy! Tastes best if eaten right out of the oven. Add extra hot sauce for more flavor. 4 ounces of pasta was not enough for this dish, try half pound or more. Add more cheese! More carrots too. Very yummy though.