Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 3 stars. This was good I liked it but my 4 yr old newphew did not like the flavor of the sauce. This needed more flavor like garlic, salt, & pepper. I changed this a bit. I used half a box of rigatoni, butter instead of margarine, no carrots, and I added cooked sweet sausage. This still needed more flavor for my taste. I may try this again adding roasted garlic and more seasoning. Thanks christine (internetnut)
- 4 ounces boxes rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprig
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in carrot and onion and cook briefly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley, hot pepper sauce and Parmesan and Romano cheeses, stirring until blended.
- Combine with pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in buttered 2-qt.
- Sprinkle ½ of cheese mixture over top; place remaining pasta mixture on top.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.