Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb Italian turkey sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 head escarole, cut in 1 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and kept warm
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat until brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add escarole and garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes. Cook, covered for 2-3 minutes or until escarole is wilted.
- Toss sausage mixture, rigatoni, cheese together on an oven-proof platter. Top with bread crumbs and broil for 1 minute.