Recipe by Jada_mustang
I got this recipe from The Food Network Channel. I have made it several times, and my family loves it! I couldn't find mascarpone cheese in my town, so I listed a substitute mascarpone recipe I found on this site. Also, I use shittake and button mushrooms. It is delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, sliced (Shittake, cremini, and button)
For Mascapone substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook. While pasta is cooking:.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, and season with salt and pepper to the pan. Cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to high. Add wine and cook for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Add stock and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Remove pan from heat. Add mascarpone cheese. (If using the substitute recipe, combine all 3 ingredients together with a mixer until blended).
- Stir until creamy. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and transfer pasta into serving bowl.
- Add mushroom mixture and parmesan to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.