Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an Italian cooking magazine. You can have this dish done in just 15 minutes. Add your favorite herbs (Parsley, basil, thyme..) "Rigatoni con ragu di pollo"
- 320 g rigatoni pasta
- 200 g chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 70 g mixed herbs
- 220 g heavy cream
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan with the butter, fry the onion.
- Add the chicken breasts , salt, pepper and brown.
- Pour the white wine, let evaporate and pour the cream, then continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped herbs and mix.
- Cook the rigatoroni in salted water acording to package directions.
- When al dente drain and mix with the sauce and parmesan cheese.
Very simple and tasty, I agree with duonyte, versatile, I nearly did add mushrooms but in the end made the recipe as was. Served over penne, this was a lovely dish with no leftovers, thank you MsPia! Made for PRMR tag game
What is very nice about this recipe is that you are likely to have the ingredients handy, especially if, like me, you use leftover chicken. I did not measure very precisely, and the recipe is quite flexible for variations. I used lovely fresh herbs from my garden. I had no cream at all, so used whole milk and a little cornstarch to thicken it, which worked very well. I served over rotini, just a preference. I did start the pasta first before starting the ragout - the pasta was cooked just a few minutes after the ragout was done. I think you could also add other things that are handy to the ragout - I think mushrooms would be especially nice. A great quick meal, which I am saving in my quick meals cookbook.