Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From ADA Cookbook "Easy & Elegant Entrees".
Make and share this Rigatoni With Chicken and Three Pepper Sauces recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta or 1⁄2 lb other penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved & cooked
- Cook rigatoni according to pkg directions, without adding salt, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato, chicken broth, parsley, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook chicken in the sauce over low heat just until chicken is warmed in the sauce.
- Arrange the cooked rigatoni on a serving platter.
- Spoon chicken and pepper sauce over rigatoni and serve.