Recipe by ButterflyVioletta
This is based on the wonderful Maggiano's Restaurant dish of Rigatoni di Gregorio.
Top Review by SweetySJD
This was delicious! I made as written without adding salt & pepper. I didn't think it needed any, but my roommate did add a little. I wasn't sure if the chicken was supposed to be precooked, I added it raw and it turned out well, but I think next time I might brown it a bit beforehand. Thank you!
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 5 ounces chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce garlic butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pureed
- 1 ounce white wine
- 3 ounces marsala wine
- 1⁄2 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄2 quart heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Sauce mushrooms, Spanish onion and.garlic.
- Brown lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, white wine, Marsala and chicken stock.
- Reduce by half.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurites.
- Cook rigatoni al dente.
- Add drained rigatoni to pan and finish with basil, parmesan cheese, garlic, butter, and salt and pepper. Add Marsala for flavor as needed.
- Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.