Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! If you like spicy food, try it with spicy Italian sausage and spicy marinara sauce!
- 226.79 g rigatoni pasta
- 113.39 g Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml prepared marinara sauce
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh Italian parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rigatoni until tender in large pot, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Cook sausage in large heavy pot over medium high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently and breaking up with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess oil and return pot to medium high heat.
- Add marinara sauce and crushed red pepper, then pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among four 1 1/4-cup custard cups, or double recipe and put in one large baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella over.
- Place in broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown, watching closely to prevent burning, about 1 1/2 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and olive oil and serve.
loved it! thanks for sharing.
Great verastile basic recipe. We didn't have italian sausage on hand, so I just threw in some smoked sausage that I had sauteed with onions. I also omitted the red pepper because not everyone likes the heat. I threw a cup of chopped zucchini into the sauce for some extra veggie action. Baked for about 25 minutes. The family loved it! I will be making this again. Thanks!
This was really good. Made it exactly as posted and it was great.