Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! If you like spicy food, try it with spicy Italian sausage and spicy marinara sauce!
Make and share this Rigatoni With Cheese and Italian Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rigatoni until tender in large pot, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Cook sausage in large heavy pot over medium high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently and breaking up with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess oil and return pot to medium high heat.
- Add marinara sauce and crushed red pepper, then pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among four 1 1/4-cup custard cups, or double recipe and put in one large baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella over.
- Place in broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown, watching closely to prevent burning, about 1 1/2 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and olive oil and serve.
loved it! thanks for sharing.
Great verastile basic recipe. We didn't have italian sausage on hand, so I just threw in some smoked sausage that I had sauteed with onions. I also omitted the red pepper because not everyone likes the heat. I threw a cup of chopped zucchini into the sauce for some extra veggie action. Baked for about 25 minutes. The family loved it! I will be making this again. Thanks!
This was really good. Made it exactly as posted and it was great.