- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rigatoni until tender in large pot, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Cook sausage in large heavy pot over medium high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently and breaking up with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess oil and return pot to medium high heat.
- Add marinara sauce and crushed red pepper, then pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among four 1 1/4-cup custard cups, or double recipe and put in one large baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella over.
- Place in broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown, watching closely to prevent burning, about 1 1/2 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and olive oil and serve.