Recipe by PamLuvs2Cook
From the Sopranos Family Cookbook. Simple and Yummy! :)
Top Review by Marie
I forgot to save some pasta water so I added a splash of heavy cream and it worked out great. This is an awesome dish and we really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Will go into my "WOW" cookbook and will be made many more times.
- 1 bunch broccoli (aprx. 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (I use a big pinch as I love spicy food)
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the broccoli and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.Add the broccoli and salt to to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Scoop out the broccoli with a small sieve. Reserve the cooking water in the pot.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients. Add the garlic and red pepper, cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
- Meanwhile, bring the water back to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is not quite tender. Scoop out about 1 cup of the cooking water and set it aside. Drain the rigatoni and add it to the skillet with the broccoli. add the reserved cooking water and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle with cheese, toss and serve immediately.