1/1 Photo of Rigatoni With Beef and Eggplant (Aubergine)
A very tasty and easy recipe...I love the mixture of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomato puree
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked according to directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Place eggplant in colander and weight down with plate to drain juices.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms, cook, stirring frequently until softened.
- 3Add ground beef, breaking up with spoon; cook until browned.
- 4Drain well, then transfer to bowl.
- 5Add eggplant and broth to same skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- 6Uncover; add garlic, salt, thyme and red pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in vinegar.
- 8Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and beef mixture, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- 9Cover, simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- 10Toss with rigatoni and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Beef and Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 401.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 22.4 g