Recipe by litldarlin
This is one of my cousin's recipes. I made this for my Saturday night date with Marvin and he loved every bite.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces rib eye steaks
- 2 onions (sliced thin)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced thin)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in large pan.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steak’s until brown on outside, but still rare in the middle, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and set aside to cool completely.
- Add 2 more Tablespoons of oil to pan.
- Sauté onions and carrots until onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic and oregano and sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine and simmer 1 minute.
- Add marinara sauce and beef broth.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat about 10 minutes.
- Season too taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile trim off any fat from steaks.
- Cut into bite size pieces-set aside.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- About 10 minutes, drain, toss with sauce and juices.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with Parmesan Cheese and serve.
- You don't have to use Rib Eyes in this recipe. You can use a nice sirloin if you prefer.