Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a an easy and relatively quick recipe to make. My husband, who doesn't care for pasta or leftovers ate this 3 days in a row. I added crushed red pepper flakes to taste even though its not called for in the ingredients. I found it on About a Mom.
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and sausage until crumbly and cooked through. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer 3 – 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to combine. Gently stir pasta into sauce.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add half the pasta and sauce mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle half the Mozzarella and Parmesan over the pasta. Repeat with a second layer.
- Bake in preheated 325 oven, covered with foil, for 20-25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 – 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.