Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Some restaurants serve this with sausage cut into pieces.
- 7 ounces tomato cream sauce (see note below)
- 1⁄3 cup sauteed mushroom
- 10 -12 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breasts, cut into 6 strips
- 2 1⁄2 cups rigatoni pasta, cooked per package instructions
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated ricotta cheese
- to taste green onion (sliced)
- Place tomato cream sauce, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes in a 10-inch skillet and heat over a medium flame.
- Heat rigatoni in clean, boiling salted water until hot (about 30 seconds).
- Drain pasta and add to skillet along with chicken and toss to coat pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle romano cheese over pasta and toss again over a medium flame until sauce is a creamy consistency. Serve in a bowl.
- Top with Ricotta and green onions.
- Note: Tomato Cream Sauce - you can make your own spaghetti sauce or use jarred spaghetti sauce and add 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half to the sauce. Heat through.
Excellent! I used a jar of Vodka cream sauce I had, but followed the recipe otherwise. Made for My Three Chefs....It was really good!