Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A family favorite, leftovers are much tastier the next day
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 26 ounces tomato soup, I use Campbell's (condensed)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 sticks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water, as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese
- in a large pot combine the meat, pepperoni, celery, garlic and onion. cook until meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- stir in remaining ingredients, reserving water for thinning if needed.
- simmer over low heat, about 1 hour, or until heated through.
- * stir often to avoid burning *.
- add small amounts of water or tomato juice as needed to prevent from getting too thick.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over rigatoni noodles.
- *VARIATION AND NOTES:.
- *use ground turkey and turkey pepperoni for a lower fat version.
- *sauce will be thicker and better the next day.
- Refrigerate leftovers.