Rigatoni with Hot Sausage and Fennel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings discarded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1In a heavy skillet cook the sausage over moderate heat, stirring and breaking up any lumps, until it is thoroughly cooked and transfer it with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 2Add the olive oil to the skillet and in it cook the onion and the garlic over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- 3Add the bell pepper and the fennel and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the bell pepper and fennel are softened.
- 4Add the wine and broth, bring the liquid to a boil, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cream and boil the mixture until it is thickened slightly and reduced by about one third.
- 6In a pot of boiling salted water cook the rigatoni until it is 'al dente' and drain it well.
- 7Stir into the fennel mixture the parsley, the sausage, and salt and pepper to taste and in a bowl toss the sauce with the rigatoni and the Parmesan cheese.
- 8Stir into the fennel mixture the parsley, the sausage, and salt and pepper to taste and in a bowl toss the sauce with the rigatoni and the Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Con Salsiccia Piccante E Finocchio
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.0
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 201.2 mg
- Sodium 1664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 42.7 g