Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had this recipe for many years and enjoy it each time I make it. I received it from a co-worker.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 8 -12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- romano cheese
- Heat frying pan and saute garlic and onion in oil until onion is clear. Add tomatoes and pepperoni. Saute until tomatoes cook down (approx. 3 minutes) Add cream, salt and pepper.
- Toss with cooked rigatoni and top with cheese.
Been cooking this for 25 years now and recently began using a food processor and wagon wheel pasta. This completely changes the consistancy creating a minced pepperoni sause which clings well to the pasta and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. :)
This is a great recipe. When I saw the title, I knew where it came from.... Jeff Smith's Frugal Gormet cookbook. It is a classic indeed!
I also thought this was good; we added jalapenos to ours, and popped it in the oven to bake a bit before serving. Thanks for a nice, tasty meal!