1/2 Photos of Rigatoni Con Le Cipolle (Pasta With Onion)
A really basic recipe that is not only economical, but healthy and tasty too. A real taste of Italian country cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 fluid ounces chicken stock (homemade or made with water and 1/2 stock cube)
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta or 12 ounces macaroni noodles or 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 slice butter
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese or 2 ounces Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and cook the onions over a very low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are very tender and golden in colour, approx 30 minutes.
- 2Dissolve the tomato puree in the stock; add to the onions and season to taste.
- 3Cook the pasta al dente; drain and pour into a serving dish with the knob of butter.
- 4Stir in the hot onion sauce, toss with the cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Con Le Cipolle (Pasta With Onion)
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.9
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g