Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a recipe from my mother-in-law's recipe box.
Top Review by rnmommy02
My family LOVED this! I made it early in the week and then frigerated it for 2 days then reheated it. I understand the calories are high but it really sticks to the ribs making it a great comfort food (so basically - one serving is enough) Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped broccoli, thawed
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions (I like al dente).
- Pour cooked rigatoni into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Add the broccoli and chicken, combine gently.
- In a saucepan, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Add the flour gradually until smooth and bubbly.
- Combine the chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Cook over low heat until thick.
- Pour over casserole.
- Add the parmesan cheese and brown in the oven, about 20 minutes.
- If you feel the dish is too dry, you can add a can of cream of broccoli soup over the casserole.