Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my favourite meal growing up as a kid. My Mom always let us pick the family's meal on our birthdays, and I always picked this, even though my Mom didn't like using the oven in the heat of August. I still love it today! It is my "comfort food" and I make it often. It is great for dinner parties, too. Add some garlic bread and a salad and you have a great meal!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare rigatoni noodles according to package directions. When pasta is done, drain water and put pasta into a large casserole dish.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in a frying pan. Add seasonings. When it is about halfway done, add mushrooms, peppers, and onion. Drain when meat is brown.
- Add pasta sauce to the meat and vegetables and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, grate the cheese.
- Put sauce mixture, parmesean cheese, and grated cheese into the casserole dish. Mix well. Cover.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I always add a bit more parmesean cheese onto my serving before eating.