Recipe by jimshim
This is very easy recipe that everyone loves. It works well for picinics and potlucks. Gardners with losts of tomato and basil will love this recipe. This is another great recipe from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Clarely
Very good! I added 1 T of balsamic vinegar, which made all the difference. I'm used to Caprese having balsamic in it. Omitted the parmesan. Used pearl-size mozz. Served at room temp so the flavors would come out fully. Someone commented "just the right amount of capers". Thanks!
- 6 cups rigatoni pasta, Cooked, penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta) or 6 cups ziti pasta (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta)
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (or Romano cheese)