1/1 Photo of Rigatoni Caprese
Chef #343888 Jimshim's Note:
This is very easy recipe that everyone loves. It works well for picinics and potlucks. Gardners with losts of tomato and basil will love this recipe. This is another great recipe from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups rigatoni pasta, Cooked, penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta) or 6 cups ziti pasta (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta)
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (or Romano cheese)
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Combine oil, capers, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently.
- 4Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Caprese
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 969.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.6 g