Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe courtesy of Carrabbas
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, - julienne
- 2 garlic cloves, - minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups whole canned tomatoes, - minced undrained
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, -
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, - cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces caprino cheese
- Remove sausage from the casing and break into chunks.
- -Cook sausage in olive oil over medium heat until browned slightly.
- -Add onion and peppers sauté until softened.
- -Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- -Add wine and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- -Add tomatoes and red pepper; season with salt and pepper.
- -Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- -Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened.
- -Stir in pasta, Romano, and basil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- -Portion onto plates and top with the crumbled goat cheese.
I was told to give this recipe 10 stars......The only thing I changed was I used Turkey Italian sausage and used a jar of roasted red peppers instead of the fresh....it was wonderful and I am sure by the response I got I will be making on a regular basis...
This is my favorite recipe. The only substitution I make is 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 of stewed tomatoes for the whole tomatoes. Excellent every time I make it. My wife even licks the plate after she is done.