Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe we dearly love. I've made a very similar recipe for quite some time. This one is from Woman's Day.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium carrots, halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 8 -10 ounces whole mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 links Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the package directs. Meanwhile, put carrots, onion, mushrooms and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute chopped vegetables 6 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage and cook, breaking up clumps, 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in rosemary, salt, pepper nd wine; boil 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Spoon over drained pasta.