Recipe by getoutofmygalley
When you want lasagna but can't be bothered with putting it all together... it's quick, tasty and satisfies your italian cravings without the hassle of the mafia getting involved! *wink*
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
- 14 ounces prepared pasta sauce
- 16 ounces large curd cottage cheese
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, sauté for two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for another two minutes. Pour in prepared sauce.
- Crumble the ground beef into the tomato sauce mixture (the meat will cook in the sauce).
- Add brown sugar. Stir well.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread about ½ cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish. Layer half of the noodles, a layer of sauce, a layer of cottage cheese, and a layer of mozzarella.
- Evenly sprinkle the chopped basil over these layers.
- Repeat the layers the same way, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.