- 1⁄2 lb of small rigatoni pasta, uncooked (half box)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (jar or home made)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Over medium heat, cook sausage and onions in a skillet until sausage is cooked through.
- Cut sausage into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, stir together pasta, sausage mixture, 2 1/2 cups sauce, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and 2 tbl Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Spread mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.