Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta (large tubular pasta, 3 cups)
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, peeled,cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, seeded,coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces shredded gouda cheese (1 cup)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook rigatoni to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; return to saucepan.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat grill.
- In large bowl, combine eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and onion.
- Add rosemary, lemon peel, garlic, salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Cut 24X18 inch piece of heavy duty foil.
- Place vegetables in center of foil.
- Wrap packet securely using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
- When ready to grill, place packet, seam side down, on gas grill over medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-high coals.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning packet once halfway through cooking and adding tomatoes after 4 to 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Open packet carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Add hot cooked vegetables to cooked rigatoni; toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- If desired, garnish with additional rosemary sprigs.