Recipe by Debby H
I found this recipe 20 years ago and it has become a staple in our house. It is very simple to make and tastes great.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- Cook rigatoni to desired doness according to package directions.
- Drain; rinse with hot water and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Lightly saute peppers and garlic 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add tomato; cook until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Stir in cooked rigationi.
- Place in serving dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.